Pages

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

More Faith and Patience

Monday night I found a kitchen and Cate emailed me back on Tuesday morning.  She said she had a lot of interest so I committed right there and promised a deposit.  When we talked on the phone, she said she was fine with a $100 deposit.  We tried to figure out a way for Mike to come see the cabinets but she didn't want us coming late at night (her husband works nights) and Mike wouldn't get off work until after 7.  This is a big day, we're supposed to get the keys tonight but this kitchen sounds like too good a deal!  It's not quite the $500 but still...  on the phone call, Cate mentioned she had sold her fridge and stove already.  I emailed her after the call to ask if she had a dishwasher/microwave to sell and that we'd be interested in those.  She told me she'd tell me the price when I got to her house that afternoon.

When I got to her house, she told me other people offered to put down a $800 deposit but she had already agreed to sell the kitchen to me.  Also, the person who bought the stove offered to buy the dishwasher but she promised that to me too :) - even though she hadn't even given me a price yet.

The house is really nice and looking at the cabinets - they are very nice and a reputable company, I don't really understand why she needed a new kitchen.

To make it easier to see everything, she had the contractor set the kitchen up in the layout that it was in inside the house (it was already removed and in her garage).  A lot of people sell kitchens on Craigslist and a lot of those people require the buyer to remove the cabinets... so Cate had already done a lot of work for us.





This picture was the only picture she posted on the ad.

I committed without seeing other pictures and then she sent some that her contractor had taken.


Here are some of the pictures I took in the garage:




I love this kitchen!  It's very similar to the color and style I have in Portland.  While I was really excited and pretty sure we were going with the Cabinets to go Kitchen, we cannot pass up this opportunity to buy this kitchen.  I think there are more pieces that we can use but we can repurpose the other pieces for another space or re-sell them.  Either way, we have a lot of cabinets to work with and Mike approved them!  

We're getting a uhaul on Saturday morning and we'll pick them up then.  

Lesson learned: I need to continue to have faith that we'll find things instead of giving up and going retail.





No comments:

Post a Comment