Pages

Thursday, May 3, 2012

How to Organize Wood Scraps

One of the things we "inherited" at the house is a lot of wood scraps.  The former owner was definitely a wood worker.  I've found a handy cart on wheels, a wood screen for the furnace in the basement I'll be putting it back there soon since it was found in the garage) and lots of scrap wood.  Our first order of business is to make room in the garage for all of our belongings, including the kitchen that I bought on Tuesday.  How are we going to do that when the garage is already full of lots of items?  


Here are the steps I've narrowed down for us to focus on:
1. STACK IT
For the large flat pieces, stack the wood in like sizes in a divided space/ possibly made of some of the scrap wood you have.  



2. BOX IT
use a bucket or box for the smaller scraps.  


3. PILE IT
Pile the smaller pieces that are bulky in depth in cubbies


When I started cleaning up on Tuesday night, I was "Stacking" the flat pieces and tall pieces against one wall.  I also boxed the smaller scraps but filled up two small boxes very quickly.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do when we find more.  That sounds like a lot of "small" boxes to move around.  I almost need a larger box to keep the scraps in.  


I'll update this post with pictures later.  





No comments:

Post a Comment