Pages

Monday, January 16, 2012

How badly do I want this house?

I spent most of last night half-sleeping and thinking about our budget.  How is it going to work money-wise in buying a house that possibly needs a lot of work? The reality is, we should be putting more money into savings than we have been the last few months.  So, I've got a new resolve to save more and spend less. Everyday, I get sucked in by the "deals" with all the emails I get about groupons, living social deals and daily coupon alerts.  The reality is, I have to ask myself before I buy something - the following:

  • if I didn't need it last week, do I need it this week? 
  • How badly do I want a house vs whatever the item is?
What questions do you ask yourself?  How do you keep yourself from impulse buying?



No comments:

Post a Comment