Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Paint your Interior doors...Black, white, yellow, blue, green.

Currently our interior doors are flat doors with a light wood color stained/painted on it. I'm assuming they are the original 1959 doors. I just came across a great article: 11 Reasons to Paint Your Doors Black by Fred Albert at Houzz. I love all the picture examples of the black door options in his article. Some of the reasons I found interesting was it helps make the ceilings feel taller and helps things feel cleaner. I like that the crown molding in most of the pictures remains white - it's just the doors that are black. I've even wondered if I'd be bold enough to paint our doors a fun color. Have you seen that done?  Here's one of my favorite pictures from the article:


Picture by Phillip W. Smith General Contractor, Inc.

Here is a sample of a Blue door


This is similar to the door color we currently have

<

If I painted my door this color of green - I know it would make me happy everyday.  

But would I want every door this color?  I'm guessing this is the interior color of the mud room and that it's probably white on the otherside.

Have you painted your doors a fun color?  I'd love to see what you have painted a unique color or design?  

No comments:

Post a Comment