Pages

Saturday, April 21, 2012

Prep: Flooring samples

I am torn about what direction we should go for flooring.  Mike has allergies and I have a dog.  So, how do we keep the house allergy-free?  No Carpet is the answer.  Beyond that, there are a couple directions we can go.
1.  Laminate flooring
2. Wood floors
3. Tile
4.  Hybrid of the answers above (Cork, bamboo)

Laminate is a great direction because of price and durability. Wood Floors are tempting for resale.  Tile is a choice I choose only if I can get the "wood tile" that I saw in a friend's house. Hybrids are great because they are great for the environment but they are expensive.  Can I justify the almost double cost when we're trying to save every penny we can?



I've Googled and Craigslisted to search for options and found an option to get 5 free samples sent to the house without a credit card required.  So go through ebates - sign up with this link.  Search for Builddirect and then you will get back 2% of anything you pay for at that site.  Builddirect.com is the site that has the free samples.  What do you have to lose?

What kind of flooring would you choose?





No comments:

Post a Comment